Need some new recipes to help kick start your healthy menu planning? The web is full of great resources!
- The USDA Mixing Bowl includes useful videos, helps you build menus for a crowd and create and print your own cookbook.
- The DASH Eating Plan provides flexible and balanced, heart-healthy recommendations that require no special foods. Click here to download a digital version of the DASH guide to lowering your blood pressure.
- Local cookbook author and fitness fanatic shares healthy, simple to prepare recipes in the Power Hungry blog.
- The American Heart Association helps you plan meals by courses, lifestyles, ingredients or healthy lifestyle programs.
- Eating Well publishes recipes for weight loss, special diets and healthy meal plans for kids.
- Cooking Light features recipe makeovers for comfort-food favorites and a large database of recipes for people with diabetes.
- Healthy Dining Finder offers low-fat recipes upgrading high flavor items from some of your favorite restaurants.
- Meal prep can be such a time saver, Sweet Peas and Saffron has breakfast, lunch, and dinner ideas that will make mealtime a breeze.
Have a favorite link to share? Click here to send us an email or call 936-569-4691.