Think about how stress affects you. When you are under stress, do any of these behaviors apply to you?
• I eat to calm down.
• I speak and eat very fast.
• I drink alcohol or smoke to calm down.
• I work too much.
• I delay doing the things I need to do.
• I sleep too little, too much or both.
• I try to do too many things at once.
Engaging in even one of these behaviors may mean that you are not dealing with stress as well as you could.
How does stress affect your body? Common responses to stress are listed below.
Aches and Pains
• Neck ache
• Stomach ache
• Tight muscles
• Clenched jaw
Energy Level and Sleep
• Feeling tired without a good reason
• Trouble sleeping
• Out of control