With most families having both parents at work, and having to raise kids at the same time, it can be hard to fit physical activity into your daily life. Here are a few easy ways to continue with your daily schedule and add in a little physical activity as well:
- Buy a set of hand weights and play a round of "Simon Says" with your kids - you do it with the weights, they do it without.
- Do yard work.
- Exercise while watching TV. Click here for simple ways to COUCHercise! >
- While your children are at soccer practice, walk around the field and chat with your friends instead of sitting down.
- Go for a half-hour walk instead of watching TV.
- Wash the car by hand.
- Park further from the store or work and walk more.
- Play with your kids 30 minutes a day.
- Walk to a co-workers desk rather than send an e-mail.
How do you fit physical activity into your busy schedule? Send us a video or a tip for a chance to have it featured!
Tips for being active with diabetes (PDF)